Rolex Oyster Perpetual Greenwich Type II is designed to display the time in two different time zones and is the ideal watch for travelers around the world.
Urban Essential Watch
Rolex launched the new Oyster Perpetual GMT-Master II watch with a two-way rotating outer ring and a blue and black two-color Cerachrom 24-hour scale ceramic word ring. The combination of oystersteel material and commemorative strap echoes the red and blue two-color Cerachrom ceramic word ring model launched in 2018. The sides of the case and lugs reflect a subtle sheen, making the outline of the 40 mm Oyster case more prominent and more attractive.
The new model is equipped with the 3285 movement with leading watchmaking technology. The Oyster Perpetual Greenwich II was equipped with this movement for the first time in 2018.
Like all Rolex watches, the new Greenwich II has been certified by the Super Observatory Precision Timepiece, guaranteeing that the watch will perform at its best when worn.
The only tool with multiple time zones
The Greenwich was first introduced to help professional pilots assist with watches during long flights. This watch has gradually become the watch of choice for travellers. Over the years, the outer ring of the watch has appeared in a variety of colors and combinations. Whether single-color or two-color, the design of the watch is unique and highly recognizable.
With traditional hour, minute and second hands, 24-hour hand with triangular arrows, two-way rotating outer ring and Cerachrom 24-hour scale ceramic word ring, the Greenwich II can display the time in two time zones at the same time: both the time at the location and the time at the departure place can be read at the same time You can also read the local time and the third time zone time. The calendar display at 3 o’clock is synchronized with the departure time.
Rolex has repeatedly pioneered the development of ceramic technology. With its top technology, Rolex has developed a one-piece ceramic outer ring and ceramic word ring. This innovative material not only resists corrosion and scratches, it does not fade even when exposed to ultraviolet light. After years of intensive R & D, Rolex has developed a unique set of professional knowledge and innovative high-tech equipment and manufacturing processes, so it can completely produce ceramic components. In 2013, the brand’s Greenwich II was equipped with a single blue-and-black dual-color ceramic word ring developed by Rolex, which was an important turning point in the use of ceramics by the watch industry.
The new Greenwich II is paired with a blue and black two-color Cerachrom 24-hour graduated ceramic word ring. The die-cast numbers and scales are plated with platinum using PVD (PhysicalVapourDeposition) coating technology. The tooth edges of the outer ring make it easier for the wearer to grasp and rotate the outer ring.
Oyster case waterproof symbol
The Greenwich Type II Oyster case is guaranteed to be water-resistant to 100 meters (330 feet) and is a solid example of reliability. The middle case is made of a solid piece of oystersteel and is difficult to corrode.
Rolex watchmakers use the brand’s exclusive tools to tighten the fine pitted bottom cover to seal the case, so only Rolex watchmakers can access the movement. The winding crown is equipped with a triple lock triple waterproof system, which is firmly screwed to the case. The crown shoulders are integrated into the middle case to protect the winding crown. The mirror is made of sapphire and is not easy to scratch. A small window convex lens at 3 o’clock makes it easy to read the calendar. The Greenwich II waterproof oyster case gives the highest precision movement protection.
Type 3285 permanent magnet
The new Greenwich II is equipped with a 3285 movement, a new generation of movements developed and manufactured by Rolex. The self-winding movement is equipped with a number of patents, fully reflecting Rolex’s innovative technology and cutting-edge watchmaking technology, and has been further improved in terms of precision and reliability, power reserve, anti-seismic and anti-magnetic, and convenient use. Perfection.
The 3285 movement is equipped with Rolex’s patented Chronergy escapement. The new escapement is made of nickel-phosphorus, which is not only efficient and reliable, but also immune to magnetic interference. The movement is equipped with Rolex’s patent-optimized blue Parachrom hairspring, which is made of a unique paramagnetic alloy cast by Rolex. Its shock resistance is ten times higher than that of a traditional hairspring. The blue Parachrom hairspring is equipped with a Rolex end ring to ensure that the hairspring can maintain regularity in any position. The balance spring component of the movement is equipped with a high-performance Paraflex cushioning device designed and patented by Rolex to improve the shock resistance of the movement.
The 3285 movement is equipped with a permanent automatic winding component, and the movement is wound by a permanent rotor. The structure of the barrel and the excellent efficiency of the escapement increase the power reserve of the 3285 movement to about 70 hours.
Certificate of Excellence in Observatory Precision Timepieces
Like all Rolex watches, the Greenwich II has been certified by Rolex in 2015. This unique title proves that the watch has successfully passed a series of tests by Rolex Labs and goes beyond the conventions and standards of watchmaking. The watch is tested only after it has been assembled to ensure that when it is worn, it can excel in all aspects of precision, power reserve, water resistance and automatic winding. The Rolex Super Chronometer precision timepiece, which is tested after the movement is installed in the case, has an average error of less than two seconds per day, which is more than twice as accurate as the average observatory-certified precision timepiece.
The green seal is the symbol of the superb chronometer. Every Rolex watch comes with this seal and is backed by a global five-year warranty.
Memorial strap and oyster safety clasp
This Greenwich II is paired with a commemorative strap. The five-grid commemorative bracelet is a flexible and comfortable watch, which was specially designed by Rolex for the Oyster Perpetual Datejust in 1945.
The new matching commemorative strap is equipped with a Rolex-designed and patented Oyster safety clasp to prevent accidental opening of the clasp. The strap is also equipped with an easy-to-adjust chain link developed by the brand, allowing the wearer to easily extend the strap by about 5 mm, making it more comfortable to wear.
Concealed ear caps ensure a seamless visual effect between the strap and case.
Case model: 126710BLNR
Strap model: 69200
Superlative Chronometer Certification *
Global five-year warranty
• Oyster case (integrated middle case, screw-in case back and winding crown)
• The crown shoulder is integrated with the middle case
• 40 mm
• Oystersteel, matte surface, polished edges
• Oystersteel, two-way rotating outer ring
• 24-hour scale blue-black two-color ceramic Cerachrom word ring; die-cast numbers and scales are plated with platinum using PVD (PhysicalVapourDeposition) coating technology
• Solid, screw-in, fine pit pattern
• Screw-in, triple-lock triple waterproof system
• Scratch-resistant blue crystal
• Double anti-reflective small window convex lens to enlarge the calendar
• 100 meters (330 feet)
• Rolex 3285 movement
• Perpetual movement of the rotor is a mechanical movement with two-way automatic winding
• Within two seconds of each day (after the movement is installed in the case)
• Central hours, minutes and seconds
• The local time is displayed by the traditional central hand, and the hour hand can be adjusted independently
• Departure time is displayed with an additional 24-hour hand
• Reliable fast-adjusting instant jump calendar at 3 o’clock
• Stop-second function to accurately adjust the time
Balance with hairspring
• Frequency: 28,800 times per hour (4 Hz)
• Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
• Rolex End Circle
• Extra large inertia fine-tuning balance wheel
• Four gold fine-tuning nuts for precise time adjustment
• Balance splint
• High-performance Paraflex cushioning device
• High-performance Chronergy escapement
• Paramagnetic nickel-phosphorus alloy fork and escape wheel
• 31 rubies
• About 70 hours
• Black paint
• 18ct white gold hour markers, easy to read Chromalight luminous (persistent blue light)
• 18ct white gold hands, blue lacquered 24-hour hands, easy-to-read Chromalight (long-lasting blue light)
• Memorial type, five grid solid link
• Oystersteel, polished intermediate links, matte outer links, polished edges
• Folding oyster safety buckle
• Easy to adjust the chain link (about 5 mm)